INDEPENDENT HEALTH COMPLAINTS ADVOCACY
Who might need this:
Anyone who needs support to make a complaint about an NHS or NHS funded service.
An Independent Health Complaints Advocate is specially trained to help people through the NHS complaints process. It’s a statutory service which means that anyone making a complaint about the NHS has a right to advocacy support. People can have help from an advocate at any point in the complaints process.
What does an Independent Health Complaints Advocate do?
- Help the person understand the complaints process
- Support the person to make a complaint in writing
- Keep in touch with the person about progress with their complaint
- Attend complaints meetings with the person
- Help the person understand the outcome of their complaint
- Help people take their complaint to the Ombudsman if they are not happy with the result.
Who can make a referral?
- If you want to make a referral for someone else, you would need to get their permission first.
Please contact us on 01709 794294 if you would like more information
about our service or would like to make a referral.